African Home Guesthouse
Our African Home guest house was built by Lord Nelson in 1790 as a hunting lodge using granite from Table Mountain, which makes it one of the oldest buildings in the Sea Point suburb. Now a national monument, it still bears several features from that time, such as the bubbling horse trough on the entrance terrace.
The property is split into several levels, giving rise to different areas containing small, closed-off courtyards so that every guest can find their own private place.
A large and stylishly designed pool beckons between the main building and the cottage in garden. On cooler days, the fireplace in the lounge invites you to linger a while and relax.
In spite of the guest house's central location in the middle of the old village of Sea Point, there is very little traffic nearby so you never notice the rush of the city around.
Situated between Main Road and High Level Road, a five minute walk takes you to the promenade with lots of shops,restaurants and pubs, and in 20 minutes you’re at the waterfront where you will also find countless shops and restaurants.
Our rooms are individually and tastefully furnished. Comfortable double beds guarantee you a rejuvenating sleep. Spacious bathrooms are equipped with Philippe Starck fittings. Each room also includes a television, safe and a WLAN connection (included in the price). A computer is available for guests in the lobby.
- Balcony Views, some units only
- Disabled Friendly, Level 1 (see description below)
- Internet Access
- Internet Access via WIFI
- IPod Docking Bay
- Mini Bar
- Smoking not permitted within rooms
- Television with satellite channels
* Different Levels for Disabled Friendly Accommodation:
- Accommodation for the physically impaired is suitable for a person with sufficient mobility to climb a flight of stairs but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Accommodation is typically suitable for a person with restricted walking ability and for those that may need to use a wheelchair some of the time and can negotiate a maximum of three steps.
- Accommodation is suitable for a person who depends on the use of a wheelchair and transfers unaided to and from the wheelchair in a seated position. This person may be an independent traveller.
- Accommodation is typically suitable for a person who depends on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position. This person also requires personal or mechanical assistance such as a carer or a hoist.
- Accommodation has exceptional access and provides for all levels of mobility impairment listed above.
Our Facilities / Services
The day begins with a sumptuous breakfast from the buffet, which you can enjoy either on our sunlit terrace or in the lounge. Our 24-hour service provides you with fresh drinks and snacks day and night, while our guards take care of your security around the clock.
Our garden, our glistening, refreshing pool and our comfy lounge are wonderful places to relax with a delicious snack and a cool drink.
We will gladly assist you in planning your holiday. After more than 30 visits to South Africa, we have plenty of valuable insider tips and contacts throughout the country.
Nude sunbathing is optional - you will find out when it is suitable.
On-site Facilities and Services
The following facilities and services are available on our premises.
- Laundry service
- Secure Parking
- Swimming Pool
|Low Season Price:||High Season Price|
|Single Room:||From R 480||to R 1,100|
(price per person sharing)
|From R 400||to R 800|
(price per room/apartment/dwelling)
|From R 800||to R 1,600|
Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Please re-confirm rates when making a booking
Cards Accepted At This Establishment:
We accept the following card payment methods at our accommodation establishment:
Check-out time until: 10:00
We are members, or have been rated by the following organizations in South Africa.
- AA Travel
17 Bickley Road, Sea Point, Cape Town, Western Cape
Facilities / Activies In The Area:
- Aviation activities e.g. helicopter/balloon rides
- Bicycle routes
- Extreme sports, e.g. mountain climbing, bungee jumping
- Game/Nature Reserve
- Golf course
- Hiking trails
- Horse riding
- Scenic route
- Shark cage diving
- Shopping centres
- Wine estates/route